Set of 30 beautifully illustrated story cards, three for each story in the Ten Tales from Different Cultures collection, that offer a range of practical suggestions for engaging learners with some of the ideas in each of the tales. The cards can be used by teachers as a guide to discussions about the stories. They are intended to provide students and teachers with the flexibility to adapt and extend the ideas and to make authentic connections to the programme of inquiry where possible. They can also be used by students, independently and collaboratively, to take their learning further.
This pack of story cards enhances your collection of Ten Tales from Different Cultures. With three cards for each tale, each offers a class activity, a link to a learner profile and related concepts to get learners really engaged with the content.
On the cards you can find:
- Activities and provocations to support engaging with and reflecting on the story
- A few key and/or related concepts that could be used to explore ideas within each story
- Some learner profile attributes that may be reflected by the characters in the story (or may not be!)
- Support new enhanced IB PYP curriculum framework
- Feature endearing characters from Ten Tales from Different Cultures collection
- Spark students’ curiosity and encourages them to ask questions and think independently
- Facilitate reflection, inquiry and critical thinking
- The tasks are described in an open way to provide students and teachers with flexibility to adapt and extend the ideas to suit the learner and the learning situation
- Pack: 30 story cards in box
- Dimensions: 105mm x 148mm x 12mm
- Printed on both sides with rounded corners, the cards have a glossy finish and the box is shrink wrapped